Why study business studies?
Business studies provides students with the opportunity to explore a wide variety of modules from business law to accounting, marketing to logistics. The breadth of the course enables students to get a fully rounded view of the business world. We love teaching this subject as it is around us every day and in everything we do, providing so many real and interesting case studies to call upon, many of which our students are already engaged with.
Taking A-level business studies is a great thing to do if you have aspirations of one day becoming self-employed or in a managerial position / leadership role. It can give you the tools and information required to understand how businesses are created, managed, and ultimately become successful.
Business studies is a fun, informative subject that bridges the science and art gap nicely. If you like the idea of the leadership aspects of a job or working for yourself, then perhaps taking an A-level in business studies is a good idea.
What our students say
“Business studies started to help me make connections about concepts like ‘client’, ‘profit’ and ‘trading performance’ and helped me realise business is not a distant concept but impacts people globally on a daily basis.” Ava
“A-level business studies equips you with the necessary foundation, knowledge and skills to manage a business.” Edgar
“Business studies has taught me priceless knowledge in the forever evolving world of business that complements and develops my skills in other subjects.” Joseph
Grades 6 and 5 across English and maths GCSEs.
- Accounting and finance
- Human resources
- Business analytics
- Management consultancy
- Investment banking
The A-level course
|3 x 2 hour exams equally weighted||What is a business? • Managers, leadership and decision making • Decision making to improve marketing performance • Decision making to improve operational performance • Decision making to improve financial performance • Decision making to improve human resource performance • Analysing the strategic position of a business • Choosing the strategic direction of a business • Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies • Managing strategic change|
- Joshua (2018) Business services apprentice KPMG
- Zeeshan (2012) Property broker at Page Real Estate Brokers, Dubai. Studied accountancy and finance and masters in business administration.
- Tara (2014) Management Graduate Scheme Network Rail. Studied business management.
- James (2008) Ops Consulting, Supply Chain and Procurement at Deloitte, Australia. Studied information and technology management for business.
- Maisie (2011) Marketing Manager at Toaster, London. Studied international management with american business studies and masters in internal marketing management.
- Daniel (2008) Deputy MLRO at British Arab Commercial Bank. Studied business management and marketing and Master Of Laws (LLM) financial regulation and compliance.
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Classical civilisation
- Computer science
- Design technology
- Drama and theatre studies
- English language
- English literature
- Government and politics
- Physical education
- Religious studies